Monday, September 04, 2006

Farmer's Market 2006




Not only did I spend time shopping at our local farmer’s market around the courthouse every Saturday this summer, several Winchester Friends worked with me to sell baked goods several times a month to profit the Shareholders in Shalom Project. This project encourages Friends to take $10-$50 of Best Trust special project money to be invested and grown and returned at Christmas time with any increase to be used for peace/nonviolence work. I made and sold cinnamon rolls, health rolls and pickles; Doris made jams, Virginia made cookies, bread and cinnamon rolls; Val made caramel corn (above), Delilah knitted dishcloths and pot holders and when we had extra Compassion Garden produce, we made that available at market. Everyone made a profit even though we only asked for a donation and did not mark a price on the items. I turned my $50 into $250 and I still have salsa and jalapeno jelly yet to make. Last Saturday was the last Farmer’s Market for the season and I am glad that it is over. It was a lot of work, but it was also a great time to visit with people in the community and to spend time with Winchester Friends who sat beside me at the market. All in all, it was a good use of the summer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home